220072 Minsk, Brovki str. 15
Technology of high-temperature synthesis of powders of silicon carbide and other refractory materials in reactor electrothermal fluidized bed
COUNTRY OF ORIGINBelarus
+375 29 752 8328
A.V.Luikov Heat and Mass Transfer Institute of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus has developed an innovative technology of high-temperature synthesis of powders of silicon carbide and other refractory materials in reactor electrothermal fluidized bed (ETFB reactor), a distinctive feature of which is that the heating of the reacting components occurs by passing an electric current through a fluidized layer of electrically conductive carbon particles, with direct conversion of electrical energy into thermal energy at temperatures of 800 - 1900°C, which causes energy activation of reagents.
The released energy ensures the occurrence of endothermic reactions, and electric discharges between fluidized particles create a microplasma region and destroy chemical bonds in the molecules of the reacting substances. Synthesis of SiC proceeds on the surface of particles of a carbon reducing agent, on which vapors of silicon monoxide SiO are deposited, formed during the evaporation and dissociation of silica SiO2, and the interaction of its melt with carbon at a temperature above 1750 °C.
The efficiency of the technology is ensured by intensive heat and mass transfer between gas and solid particles, fluidity of the layer and its isothermality.
The ETFB reactor provides the possibility of process automation, composition uniformity and high purity of the final product.
The main characteristics of the technology:
|β-SiC и α-SiC
|до 3 kg/h
|high energy efficiency
|the possibility of selective synthesis of various SiC polytypes
The technology is widely used in areas where high temperatures and aggressive media are used: in the aerospace, chemical, nuclear industries, in microelectronics, in the manufacture of abrasive and cutting tools.
The Institute offers partners:
* as part of a commercial agreements with technical support, the acquisition of a technology for high-temperature synthesis of silicon carbide powders and other refractory materials in reactor electrothermal fluidized bed ;
* within the framework of an agreement on technical cooperation, the joint development of technology for the high-temperature synthesis of silicon carbide powders and other refractory materials in reactor electrothermal fluidized bed.
More information - Catalog of R&D products and services of the A.V. Luikov Institute of Heat and Mass Transfer of the NAS of Belarus 2021 "ACTUAL DEVELOPMENTS, RESEARCH, MEASUREMENT AND TESTING", pp.15-16. (in Russian)
The method and installation were awarded the 1st degree Diploma and the Gold Medal in the nomination "The Best Innovative Project in the Field of Materials and Chemical Products" at the St. Petersburg Technical Fair in 2014.
Nano and micro technologies
D.35.30 - Steam and air conditioning supply
M.72.19 - Other research and experimental development on natural sciences and engineering
M.74.90 - Other professional, scientific and technical activities n.e.c.
Main directions of scientific and technical activity:
- processes of heat and mass transfer in capillary-porous bodies, disperse systems, rheological and turbulent media, non-equilibrium flows, low-temperature plasma and in the interaction of radiation with matter;
- dynamics, transfer and elementary processes in systems with chemical and phase transformations;
- physical kinetics, heat transfer and transport processes on micro- and nanoscales;
- energy-efficient heat and mass transfer technologies, equipment and devices;
- transfer processes, heat transfer in biological systems and complex molecules;
- physical and structural properties of substances, materials and surfaces under internal structuring and extreme impacts;
- mechanics of liquids, gases and plasma;
- mechanics and rheology of viscoelastic media under shear, temperature, electromagnetic influences;
- numerical methods and software packages for numerical simulation of physical, chemical and heat transfer processes;
- catalytic technologies and equipment for the production of hydrogen, synthesis-, endo- and exo-gases, synthetic and mixed fuels;
- technologies and equipment for the processes of obtaining nano- and micro-structures and materials;
- plasma, plasma-chemical and chemical methods of waste treatment and disposal.
The Institute carries out scientific, scientific-organizational and scientific-production cooperation with academic and industry research institutes, universities, design bureaus, associations and enterprises of Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Uzbekistan, Lithuania, Latvia, China, USA, India, Germany, Poland , Czech Republic, Israel, Brazil, Italy, France and other countries.
Information about partnership
Technical cooperation agreement
Partners interested in developing technology for high-temperature synthesis of silicon carbide powders and other refractory materials in reactor electrothermal fluidized bed under a technical cooperation agreement.
SME <= 10
Statistics since 29.04.2023 22:54:38