Natural preservatives for beverages needed
Suntory is seeking "natural preservatives", that is, clean-label ingredients with an antimicrobial or bacteriostatic activity against molds and yeasts. Natural preservatives derived from plants are of highest interest. Natural preservatives delivered from microorganisms which have a history of safe use for food are also acceptable. (e.g. Lactic acid bacteria, yeast, Aspergillus oryzae and Mushroom).
Consumers are putting more attention on products which are clean-label and more "natural". In some markets Suntory must currently use a limited number of artificial preservatives combined with heating processes for product safety.
We would like to achieve ZERO artificial preservative use to meet increasing consumer demand worldwide.
Key success criteria
- Samples should be provided for Suntory's internal evaluation
- History of safe use for food and no safety issues.
- Experimental results on MIC (preferably, <1000ppm) against molds and yeasts
- Good solubility, pH stable (preferably, at 3,5..4,0), and heat stable (at 90..100°C for a few seconds)
- The color / taste / flavor should not be negatively affected
- Mass production should be possible or likely to be possible.
- Natural components, natural extracts or fermented products from plants, fruits and vegetables
- Microorganism-derived components and its metabolites
- Combinations of the above.
Approaches not of interest:
- Chitosan, Saponin, Natamycin, Nicin, Benzoic acid and Sorbic acid
- Proposals for untested ideas/concepts
- Ingredients which must be labeled as a "preservative"
- E-number coded substances.
Preferred collaboration types
To be negotiated: open for joint development with academic partners as well as commercially available solutions.
We would like to receive the following documents/information with your proposal.
- MIC data
- Cost, lead time, and quantity available for samples.
- Immune System Boosting Ingredient for Beverage Application
- Energy Management Solutions for Ready-to-Drink (RTD) Beverage
- Beyond Ready-To-Drink
- Personalized and Proactive Health Optimization
2021 09 yet2 TR OI need