Consortium is looking for partners for Horizon Europe Call: Advanced materials modelling and characterisation
A consortium of German, Greek, and Austrian universities, together with partners from EU countries, look for partners from universities or enterprises with excellent expertise in materials development, (re-)manufacturing or big data for the HORIZON-CL4-2022-RESILIENCE-01-19-Call.
Currently, circular applications and materials are increasing but still rarely found on an industrial scale. Primary reasons for this are the lack of data for recyclable materials, missing recycling strategies, or no suitable integration of sustainability or circularity into the product development process.
This project aims to support the digitalization of materials modeling and characterization for sustainable and circular applications. For validating and testing the developed methods, use-cases across various application fields from automotive to medicine technology are investigated.
For this objective, the work is structured in the following focus groups:
- Digital Data Architecture - this is the backbone of the project structure since all information and data mined has to be structured and standardized in order to be usable for ongoing steps in product development.
- Material Development and Characterization - investigates development and recycling strategies with corresponding characterization methods.
- (Re-)Manufacturing - manufacturing and re-manufacturing use-cases and specimens for data-mining and component testing or validation of the digital models.
- Sustainability and Life Cycle - investigates and evaluates the sustainability of the use-cases and develops new solutions for circular applications.
- Product Development - develops methods to integrate the digital methods seamlessly into the product development processes and applies the methods exemplary on the provided use-cases.
- Experiments - generating experimental data from specimens and use-cases. This data is used to set up the Digital Engineering tools and Artificial Intelligence (AI)-models and validate them later.
- Digital Engineering - develops simulation methods and digital assurance tools for the recycled materials and circular applications.
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) - develops AI-Models based on the experimental and simulation data to predict material and part behavior.
Deadlines for EOIs: 20 January 2022
Deadline for the Call: 30 March 2022
2022 01 EEN RDR need