The Top-10 scientific achievements NASB of 2020
The winners are as follows:
1. The team of scientists of The B.S. Stepanov Institute of Physics of the NAS of Belarus - for the establishment of the mechanism of action of reactive oxygen species in the implementation of the effects of photobiostimulation by low-intensity laser radiation of the reproductive function of animals;
2. The team of scientists of the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of the NAS of Belarus and Joint Institute for Informatics Problems of the NAS of Belarus - for the identification of potential inhibitors of SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus by methods of computer screening and molecular modeling;
3. The team of scientists of The A.V. Lykov Institute of Heat and Mass Transfer of the NAS of Belarus - for the development and application of mechanochemical nanomodification of multifunctional composite coatings of microtechnology components;
4. The team of scientists of the United Institute of Mechanical Engineering of the NAS of Belarus and The V.A. Belyi Metal Polymer Research Institute of the NAS of Belarus - for the creation of information models - digital twins of hydro- and electromechanical drives for the design and monitoring of new generation transport vehicles;
5. The team of scientists of the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of the NAS of Belarus - for the discovery of the phenomenon of acceleration of phosphorolysis of nucleosides by immobilizing enzyme substrates on anion exchangers, as a basis for highly effective synthesis of anticancer drugs;
6. Prof. Sergey Kakareka, Head of the Laboratory of Transboundary Pollution of the Institute of Nature Management of the NAS of Belarus - for numerical modeling of the spread of aerosol-gas admixtures in the atmosphere of the Belarusian Antarctic Station and establishing trends in their change over a thirty-year period;
7. The team of authors of the Institute of Microbiology of the NAS of Belarus - for the creation of recombinant strains of bacteria - producers of the human protein annexin in unity with adenosine-degrading enzymes, as the basis for creating a new generation of biological products;
8. The team of scientists of the Scientific and Practical Center of the NAS of Belarus on Bioresources - for determining the degree of mathematical significance of the values of the risks of penetration and spread of alien species of aquatic invertebrates on the territory of Belarus;
9. The team of scientists of the Institute of Biochemistry of Biologically Active Compounds of the NAS of Belarus and The Y. Kupala Grodno State University - for the development of biomedical technology for the restoration of liver cells based on a complex of physiologically active compounds with high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity;
10. Scientists - agrarians of the Scientific and Practical Centre of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus for Arable Farming - for the creation of heterotic hybrids of winter rye based on the system of cytoplasmic sterility as a basis for increasing the genetic potential.
The winners will be awarded at the celebrations on the occasion of the Belarusian Science Day at the end of January 2021.
2021 01 NASB Top10