2023 Call for Ideas and Suggestions on ANSO Training
The Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO), which unites scientific organizations from 60+ countries, including the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, has announced the 2023 Call for Ideas and Suggestions on ANSO Training.
- Environmental Changes: key regional and global environmental challenges, such as Climate Change & Adaptation, Water/Land Resources, Urbanization, Land Degradation, Biodiversity Decline, Endangered Species, Ecosystem Services, and Ecological Security, etc.
- Public Health: research and technology related to infectious diseases; impacts of the pandemic on the achievement of the UN SDGs, especially on Poverty, Hunger, Water and Sanitation, etc.
- Agriculture and Food Security: issues of great significance for sustainable agriculture such as Extreme Weather, Prediction and Prevention of Flood, Drought, Landslide and Debris Flow and other Natural Hazards; Food Productivity Monitoring and Assessing; Hybrid Technologies in Agriculture, etc.
- Green Technology: innovative technologies and tech-transfer in the areas of high relevance to livelihood, such as Clean Water & Water Saving; Clean Energy; Circular Economy; Environmental Protection; Decarbonization and Net-zero Carbon Emission, etc.
Principles and Advice
- Only researchers from ANSO member organizations (see Attachment 2 for reference) are eligible to apply for the Training Project as a Principal Investigator (PI).
- The team members (including the PI) should be from at least two ANSO member organizations of different countries. A team member from China is highly recommended.
- The project should involve participants/trainees from no less than three countries (not necessary from ANSO member countries).
- If you are currently working on an ANSO project as a PI, you cannot re-apply as a Pl; if you are working on 3 or more ANSO projects as a collaborator, you cannot work on any other ANSO projects.
Please fill up the application form (Attachment 1) for follow-up communication and discussion.
The deadline for submission is April 30th, 2023.
- Around 20,000-30,000 USD per project from ANSO.
- Executive period: 1-2 years.
- In-kind funding and contribution from other resources are highly welcomed and appreciated.
Please send the completed forms to the ANSO Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions, please contact the ANSO Secretariat by email: email@example.com
More information and applications here.
2023 03 ANSO training call event